MA - Education for Certified Teachers, Certificate - Literacy/Reading Specialist
FDU's 18-credit LRS Certificate will provide K-12 classroom teachers with a concentration of courses that will extend their knowledge and skills in language arts, literacy and reading, as well as in applications of effective strategies in their classrooms to enhance student literacy as a foundation for all other content areas and learning.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
All candidates who meet the following general criteria will be accepted as pre-matriculated students:
* Application and Interview.
* Transcripts, official or unofficial, from all undergraduate and graduate institutions showing undergraduate 2.75 GPR.
* Standard Teacher License. (Exception: Provisional Teacher License for candidates currently enrolled as New Jersey Alternate Route candidates.)
To matriculate into the M.A. in Education for Certified Teachers program, the candidates must have met the admissions requirements plus the following requirements within the first 9 credits:
* Two letters of recommendations from individuals familiar with the candidate’s recent performance, one should be from an immediate supervisor.
* Official transcripts from all undergraduate & graduate institutions.
* A cumulative grade point ratio of at least 3.25 in the first 9 credits of the M.A. program, which must be maintained at the same level to complete the program.
# of Credits Required:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999