Paralegal Studies Certificate
Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Paralegal Studies Certificate Program has been in existence since 1988 and received the American Bar Association approval in 1990. Professionals in the legal community recognize that the American Bar Association takes an active role in establishing professional standards for legal assistants and gives its approval to qualified paralegal training programs. The Paralegal Studies Certificate Program is a 300 hour, non-credit certificate program designed to prepare you for a smooth transition from the classroom to the office ranging from law firms, corporate legal departments, banks, insurance companies and government agencies.
The employment outlook for paralegals is excellent. In as little as 5 months, you can begin a career as a Paralegal in one of the nation’s fastest growing, high demand fields. Our graduates have advanced to exciting and rewarding careers.
The Paralegal Studies Program’s objectives are to provide students with:
* A focused, applications based curriculum that will prepare them for successful careers;
* A curriculum in a convenient time frame that accommodates non-traditional schedules;
* The guidance and services necessary to successfully complete their studies;
* Outstanding practical experience and communication skills, and professional development;
* Effective financial planning and payment options to facilitate the completion of their studies;
* The necessary guidance and skills for a successful employment search, along with individual employment assistance.
The Fairleigh Dickinson University Paralegal Studies Program is American Bar Association approved.
To be considered for admission, you must hold a bachelor's (in any major) or associate’s degree or the equivalent of 60 semester credits from an accredited college or university. *Exceptions to this policy may be made on a very limited basis, taking into consideration such factors as work experience and commitment to the legal field.
1. Completed Paralegal Application (click here) with the $25 application fee;
2. A 100-200 word essay explaining why you are interested in enrolling in the program;
3. Official college transcript(s);
4. * If you have less than 60 semester credits, you must also submit a life experience resume detailing all relevant law or legal-related experience in addition to the above. You will be notified regarding acceptance at our earliest possible opportunity. It is not uncommon to be contacted close to the start date.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999