MSN - Nursing - Adult Nurse Practitioner; Adult Nurse Practitioner - Administrative or Education focus; Family Nurse Practitioner; Forensic Nursing; Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Education Certificate; Nursing Information Systems Certificate; Adult Nurse Practitioner Certificate
The graduate curriculum in nursing is designed to serve those who desire to study advanced nursing rooted in explicit nursing knowledge as a guide to various roles.
The Master of Science in Nursing Program prepares individuals as adult, family, and psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioners, forensic specialists, clinical nurse leaders, nurse educators and nurse information system specialists.
Advanced scholarship takes place within the context of nursing as a discipline and profession and is the guiding theme of all activities encompassed within the learning environment.
This program is offered under the auspices of the Henry P. Becton School of Nursing and Allied Health, University College: Arts • Sciences • Professional Studies, Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, New Jersey.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
1. Graduation from an accredited BSN program
2. Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
3. NJ Registered Nurse licensure
4. Proficiency in spoken and written English
5. A course in health assessment is required for all nurse practitioner tracks and strongly recommended for non clinical tracks
6. Personal interview may be required
7. A minimum of 1 year clinical nursing experience is required
# of Credits Required:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999