MS - Medical Technology
Medical technologists play a critical role in patient care, providing key laboratory data for the diagnosis of diseases, management of patient therapy and health maintenance. They perform complicated chemical, biological, hematological, microscopic and bacteriological tests. They require skills in using state-of-the-art technology and instrumentation, as well as excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills. Medical technologists have the versatility to be employed in a variety of settings, including hospitals, independent laboratories, clinics, physicians' offices, local/state and government agencies, pharmaceutical and cosmetic firms, veterinary offices, and research institutions. Because of the strong math and science coursework; involved, this major also makes a good foundation for students considering medical school.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university.
2. Grade point ratio (GPR) of 3.00 or higher.
3. Bachelor of Science in medical technology or in biology.
4. Twelve- to 15-month clinical training program in the undergraduate curriculum.
5. Registration as Medical Technologist of the American Society for Clinical Pathology and two years of clinical experience.
(The latter may be completed concurrently with course work, in which case full matriculation for the degree is not permitted until the two full years of experience are presented.)
6. Undergraduate courses in statistics (inferential and descriptive).
7. Three letters of recommendation (academic/professional).
8. An essay on one of two topics: “Why did you choose graduate education?” or “What do you plan to do with your master of science degree?”
# of Credits Required:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999