Master of Science in Homeland Security
Format: Campus, Online
The Master of Science in Homeland Security (MSHS) program is administered by the School of Administrative Science (SAS) from the Metropolitan Campus and is conducted off-campus (week nights and Saturdays) and online. Both Petrocelli College of Continuing Education and SAS are dedicated to providing experiential learning to adults through non-traditional formats.
The program will focus on practical and theoretical aspects of enforcing and ensuring homeland security and would include areas of specialization. There will also be a strong emphasis on leadership throughout the program.
The goals of the program are to:
* provide graduate level studies for the non-traditional student involved in homeland security,
* support success of the students in the educational process,
* contribute to preparation of world citizens through global education, and
* encourage the development of high-quality, applied research for the practitioners in the field of homeland security.
The MSHS program is a 36-credit graduate program divided into 12 courses. All students will be required to complete four mandatory courses: Homeland Security and Constitutional Issues; Research and Policy Analysis; Weapons of Mass Destruction/Terrorism Awareness; and Strategic Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation with a thesis. Certain areas of specialization have additional course requirements. The program is designed for off-campus and online delivery, although courses will also be offered in a blended-model with off-campus classes in a traditional classroom setting combined with online work.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
1. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended whether or not a degree was received.
2. Three letters of recommendation.
* They must include the name and affiliation (i.e., university or place of business) of the person submitting the letter.
* Two of the letters must be from persons who can address your academic qualifications.
* One letter must be from an employer who can verify your form of homeland security employment.
3. All undergraduate and graduate averages must be listed including current near graduation average. A 3.0 or above undergraduate GPA must have been maintained to be considered for admission.
4. No required GMAT or GRE scores.
5. A written 1000 word essay outlining your current job responsibilities, duties, and management philosophy.
6. A current resume must accompany the application form.
# of Credits Required:
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Master's Colleges & Universities I
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large Suburb
Size & Settings: 5,000 - 9,999