M.S. - Student Affairs in Higher Education
The online Student Affairs in Higher Education (SAHE) Master of Science degree prepares you for a career in student affairs through curriculum taught by faculty who are both scholars and practitioners of student affairs. Through the SAHE master's degree, you'll learn professional competencies needed to be successful in a wide range of settings on college and university campuses, including financial aid, admissions, student activities, advising, and residence life.
Through your course of study you'll learn:
* Theories, assessments, and evaluations related to student affairs practice
* Cross-cultural and diversity issues within the context of higher education
* How diverse student learning, developmental theory, and research are relevant to students' education and development
* Current issues and practices in the student affairs profession
* Administration functions and services in your choice of at least two distinct student affairs functional areas
Through this varied coursework and two practicum experiences, you gain professional expertise that will help you function in an administrative capacity and increase your ability to manage yourself, communicate effectively, and establish healthy and effective working relationships.
As diverse backgrounds and experiences enrich the program, we aim to have students from across the United States, and around the globe, coming from a variety of background experiences — whether directly out of undergraduate programs, from entry level positions in student affairs, or with years of student affairs experience.
Examples of courses include: Human Relations in Education; Student Development Theory; Financial Management in Student Affairs; and Higher Education Administration.
North Central Association of Schools and Colleges
* A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited institution.
* A 3.0 GPA on all undergraduate coursework.
* No GRE scores are required.
# of Credits Required:
International Student Requirements:
* Official transcript
* Official TOEFL scores
Tuition & Financial Aid
Cost Per Credit Hour:
Financial Aid Offered: Yes
Classification: Doctoral/Research Universities - Extensive
Institution Sector: Public
Locale: Midsize City
Size & Settings: 20,000 and above