MA in Philosophy and Religion, PhD in Philosophy and Religion
Format: Campus, Online
The PhD program offers the only doctoral degree in this field, worldwide. In either the MA or the PhD program, you may enroll in a residential format or in one that combines online courses with summer intensives, weekend courses, and independent study. The curriculum integrates studies in diverse spiritual, religious, and philosophical traditions with contemporary social justice movements and personal and cultural transformation.
Drawing from our core areas of Women, Spirituality, and Religion; Feminist and Ecofeminist Philosophy
and Activism; and Women’s Mysteries, Sacred Arts, and Healing, students can take courses in the
• Feminist philosophy and theology
• Womanist-feminist and postcolonial worldviews
• Sexual identity, gender, spirituality, and religion
• Women’s spiritual leadership
• Ecosocial justice, peace and partnership studies
• Spiritual perspectives in art, film, and literature
• Indigenous traditions and spiritualities
The capstone project for the MA can be a thesis, scholarly article, or portfolio project.
The doctoral dissertation in Women’s Spirituality with a PhD in Philosophy and Religion results in an
original contribution to cross-disciplinary scholarship.
Accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Tuition & Financial Aid
Financial Aid Offered: No
Classification: Other Specialized Institutions
Institution Sector: Private not-for-profit
Locale: Large City
Size & Settings: 1,000 - 4,999