Pharmaceutical scientists find new targets for drug development, research how drugs work at a molecular level and the harmful effects of drugs, and determine how drugs’ properties, dosages, and delivery systems affect their performance.
A Master's degree in pharmaceutical science may be the right choice for you if:
- You love all sciences – particularly chemistry and biology
- You have a strong desire to help people
- You want to make a difference in the world
- You are passionate about curing a particular disease.
- You are a creative problem solver
Pharmaceutical Science Master's Programs and Curriculum
Pharmaceutical science is a general master’s degree, and many programs offer a chance to specialize in areas such as pharmaceutical toxicology, pharmaceutical chemistry or pharmacology, among others.
Not every pharmaceutical science graduate degree program has the same requirements, but many require core courses such as:
- Chemical engineering
Master's in Pharmaceutical Science Career Paths
As drug research increases, more pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries may