Social media master’s degrees and e-commerce programs help students develop the knowledge and skills necessary to develop, manage, and grow e-businesses and social spaces online, especially through the use of social media and e-commerce. Social media—or the tools that companies, organizations, and people use to create, share, and exchange information in virtual networks and communities—depend on web-based technologies.[i] E-commerce—or the electronic tools that entities use to trade products and services—depends on social media and other digital platforms for success.[ii] Both sets of tools have changed how businesses, organizations, and people communicate and exchange goods.[iii] Learn more about Masters in Ecommerce and Social Media programs below!
To learn how to use and manage social media and e-commerce tools, platforms, and technologies, some professionals pursue a master’s in social media and e-commerce.
Master’s-Level E-commerce and Social Media Programs
There are two types of master’s degrees in social media and e-commerce that students commonly pursue: the Master of Science and the Master of Business Administration.
These degrees might come in numerous forms. For example:
- The Master of Science in E-Business Management
- The Master of Science in E-Commerce with an emphasis on social media marketing
- The Master of Science in Social Media with an emphasis on e-commerce
- The Master of Science in Information Systems with an emphasis on e-commerce or social media
- The Master of Science in Information Technology with an emphasis on e-commerce or social media
- The Master of Business Administration (MBA) with an emphasis on social media or e-commerce
Students might also pursue a Master’s of Science in Marketing or Management with an emphasis on digital applications. The important thing to remember is that social media and e-commerce generally reside under two broader subjects: business and technology. Therefore, many master’s-level programs may emphasize-business or technology as they relate to social media and e-commerce.