MS Health and Medical Policy
MS Health and Medical Policy with a concentration in Global Medical Policy
The Health and Medical Policy program (HMP) at George Mason University prepares students for leadership roles in consulting, analysis and public health policy making. They contribute to informed policy formulation that affects health and medical professionals, international health systems development and economic growth.
The curriculum prepares graduates to:
• Compare international health systems
• Collect and analyze data on health issues relevant to global policy making
• Develop international policies
• Evaluate the impact of governance, security threats, emerging technology and critical infrastructure on health and medical systems.
• Effectively communicate data to global policy makers and funding sources
The HMP degree is offered jointly by George Mason’s School of Public Policy (SPP) and the College of Health and Human Services. Students seeking the Global Medical Policy concentration will pursue the program through SPP and upon graduating, will receive a Master of Science in Health and Medical Policy with a concentration in Global Medical Policy.
To accommodate working students, evening classes are offered at the SPP campus in Arlington, Va., conveniently located in the vibrant Washington, D.C., metro-area.
Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – SACS
International Student Requirements:
Additional requirements for International students can be found on our website.
In addition to all of the other application requirements listed, international students must submit the following credentials:
1. Proof of English proficiency by submitting either the TOEFL or IELTS exam scores.
Students who submit TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission into a graduate program within the School of Public Policy may be asked to take a comprehensive English language exam through the English Language Institute at GMU.
Minimum score requirements are as follows:
Master's Degree Applicant
IELTS (Academic Test) 6.5
TOEFL (Paper-Based) 575
TOEFL (Computer-Based) 230
TOEFL (Internet-Based) 88**
**must earn minimum score of 20 in each individual subsection
2. Official English translations of all transcripts, diplomas, and certificates (if applicable)
3. Students Seeking an F-1 or J-1 visa must submit additional documentation. See program website