Master of Science in Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
This 30 credit hour program, offered through the Rackham School of Graduate Studies at UM-Ann Arbor, mixes engineering practice with analysis and encompasses two broad areas of emphasis—mechanical science and thermal/fluid science. A student may take up to one half of the graduate program requirements in his or her area of emphasis. The rest of the courses are spread over mathematics, cognates, and distribution requirements. Most courses are offered Monday-Thursday, 6-9 PM. The program may be completed entirely on campus, entirely online, or through a combination of on-campus and online courses.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
• Completed application form
• Application fee ($60.00 for those who will be studying on an F or J visa)
• Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, and proof of secondary school completion (academic records)
• English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB)
• Full Financial Support Information (Required for F and J Visa Students only)
• Health Insurance
• SEVIS DS-2019 Request Form (J Visa Students only)
• Transfer Clearance document (required if student has a previous SEVIS I-20)