The M.A. in Education is designed for working educators, enabling them to strengthen their knowledge, subject specialization and professional outlook. This is a 30 credit hour program through the Horace H. Rackham School of Graduate Studies (UM-Ann Arbor) with courses offered in the evening and online. In addition to earning a graduate-level degree, this program offers the opportunity to pursue an additional endorsement. The program prepares educators for the renewal of a Provisional Certificate or the upgrade to a Professional Education Certificate.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
• Completed application form
• Application fee ($60.00 for those who will be studying on an F or J visa)
• Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, and proof of secondary school completion (academic records)
• English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB)
• Full Financial Support Information (Required for F and J Visa Students only)
• Health Insurance
• SEVIS DS-2019 Request Form (J Visa Students only)
• Transfer Clearance document (required if student has a previous SEVIS I-20)