As the nation’s oldest school of social work, Simmons School of Social Work (SSW) has been training clinical social workers to improve the well-being of individuals and communities for more than 100 years. Co-founded in Boston with Harvard University in 1904, SSW is dedicated to promoting social action and rooted in the belief that all individuals have the capacity and deserve the resources to grow, change, and improve their lives.
Today, SSW is expanding its reach to students and aspiring clinical social workers across the country through SocialWork@Simmons.
SocialWork@Simmons is SSW’s nationally-recognized Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) degree program delivered online. Combining live online classes, self-paced coursework, and field experiences in or near students’ own communities, SocialWork@Simmons prepares clinical social workers for direct clinical practice in a wide range of school, agency, clinic, and other settings.
Featuring the same rigorous M.S.W. curriculum as Simmons’ on-campus program, this innovative online M.S.W. program offers:
• Live, weekly online classes taught by renowned SSW faculty and limited to 15 students to ensure an effective classroom experience.
• Coursework with a clinical practice focus on social welfare policies, human behavior, assessment and diagnosis, multicultural perspectives, and racial and social justice.
• Hands-on experience through internships arranged in or near students’ own communities by our field placement team.
Featuring the same curriculum as SSW’s on-campus M.S.W. program, SocialWork@Simmons focuses on clinical social work — preparing students to make a direct impact on clients’ lives in schools, clinics, social services agencies, and other settings. Coursework explores: assessment and diagnosis, human behavior, clinical social work practice, and social justice issues such as racism, poverty, and oppression.
Students may choose to focus in one of four areas:
• Child and Family
• Trauma and Interpersonal Violence
• Mental Health and Addictions
• Health and Aging
Simmons College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The Simmons School of Social Work’s Master of Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).