The Italian for Reading Knowledge Online Certificate Program consists of two online courses designed help you obtain the certification you need to meet the requirements of your graduate program. It surveys Italian vocabulary and idiom, syntax and grammar, helping you acquire the language skills necessary to appreciate the works of important Italian authors as they were written. Created by the faculty of the Rutgers Italian Department, ranked #3 in the US by the Faculty Scholarly Productivity Index (measuring books published, grants awarded, and articles cited), the program is accessible, efficient and comprehensive.Rutgers has long been a national leader in the humanities, ranked as #4 among American public universities by Times Higher Education (U.K.) in 2013.
This program is designed for:
• Graduate Students—seeking to fulfill year 1or 3 Reading Knowledge certification requirements. After completing both semesters of Italian for Reading Knowledge, 105 and 106, students will receive their certification.
• Students—applying to graduate school and seeking an additional credential to secure admission to the graduate program of their choice.
• Members of the General Public—who seek the personal enrichment that results from learning about and from other cultures.
• Online and On Your Schedule: The courses in the program are fully online, so you will not be required to attend class sessions during specific time slots.
• Strength of Scholarship. Faculty members have a strong research profile and have published widely in their fields.
• Educational Value: As the state university of New Jersey, a Rutgers education offers tremendous value.
• Personal development: No matter your education, career, or personal aspirations, learning a language spoken by 62 million people worldwide can help you achieve them.
• Research Resources. As a major state university, Rutgers offers extensive resources to support graduate research. Rutgers is a member of the Association of American Universities—the nationwide consortium of leading research universities—as well as the prestigious Committee on Institutional Cooperation, whose membership includes all Big Ten institutions and the University of Chicago.
Rutgers University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.