The online Master of Arts degree in Education (MAED) is designed for educators who are interested in enhancing their professional practice through online study of advanced professional knowledge related to teaching, learning, and leadership in P-12 schools and postsecondary contexts (e.g. community colleges, universities, community centers, the workplace). Through elective sequences of learning opportunities, the student may develop one or two concentrations that focus on selected areas such as special education, technology and learning, P-12 school and postsecondary leadership, literacy education, sport leadership and coaching, and science and mathematics education. The online MA program in Education is available only online and only under Plan B (without thesis). The online format provides optimum flexibility for students who wish to engage in inquiry and learning that will contribute to exemplary educational practice.
The program has these benefits:
- Convenience to study where you live or work without having to come to campus
- Taught only by MSU faculty
- Breadth of course selection focus in-depth on one or two areas of concentration, or pick one area for close examination and explore broadly across other areas
- Apply what you learn online in your classroom and personal life
- Earn your MA degree by successfully completing and exhibiting an online portfolio
- Academic advisement readily available
Michigan State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
All international applicants and applicants whose first language is not English must be able to be proficient in English as a condition for regular admission to MSU. Such applicants will be required to demonstrate their proficiency by meeting certain minimum standards on any one of the following test: TOEFL, MELAB, IELTS, ELC, PTE A.