If you want to help students get moving, choose our online master’s program in physical education. It focuses on K–12 physical education and leads to professional certification for those already initially certified in teaching PE. We designed the program to meet the needs of working professionals – so it can be completed entirely online. You’ll get the flexibility of online study, but the experienced, qualified professors of a prestigious brick-and-mortar college. You’ll learn theory. You’ll research. You’ll take courses in adapted PE, coaching, sport psychology, and health education. Our graduates embark on careers as PE teachers, coaches, exercise and fitness professionals, and conditioning coordinators. It’s just the education you need to hone your physical educational skills.
• Start when it works best for you – fall, spring, or summer.
• Prepare for a variety of physical education and fitness careers.
• Study in a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education.
• Benefit from our association with the American Kinesiology Association.
• Join us as a member of AAHPERD, the largest organization of professionals involved in physical education, health, recreation, and dance.
• Learn from anywhere – there’s no required residency, making this one of the few fully-online PE programs anywhere.
• Complete your degree in four semesters.
The School of Education and Human Services is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
The program is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
International Student Requirements:
All international students are required to provide proof of English proficiency if English is not their first (native) language.
Canadian students enrolled in campus based programs must also provide: 1). Completed Certification of Finances (COF) Form, 2). High school transcripts (if needed to document OAC/Grade 13 credits).