One certification option is available: Education Technologies and Emerging Media, Two master's degree options are available. Students may earn a MS degree, with or without New York State certification.
Choose from three program tracks to receive either a master’s degree or an advanced certificate, and any one will fully prepare you for a career in educational technology.
Our graduate program in educational technologies and emerging media is flexible yet rigorous, to keep you at the forefront of an emerging field. You can choose from three program tracks to receive either a master’s degree or an advanced certificate, and any one will fully prepare you for a career in educational technology. It will help you integrate many types of media into your classroom – from video to iPads to cameras to internet resources to whatever technological tool emerges next.
• Earn your degree entirely online.
• Study in convenient eight-week sessions.
• Complete the master’s program in 15 months.
• Start when it works better for you – fall or spring.
• Fulfill practicum requirements for New York certification at an approved site in your local area.
• Master’s degree in educational technologies, leading to New York certification as an educational technology specialist.
• Master’s degree in educational technologies, not leading to New York certification.
• Education Technologies advanced certificate.
The School of Education and Human Services is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
International Student Requirements:
All international students are required to provide proof of English proficiency if English is not their first (native) language. A transcript evaluation (1 official copy) from a service such as World Education Services (WES) which converts your degree into U.S. equivalents (i.e. degree equivalent, grades, course credits, etc.). We may also accept the evaluation from other organizations providing this service.