CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) degree program attracts students from around the nation and around the world. Unlike the PhD, CalSouthern’s PsyD is an applied, clinically focused degree that emphasizes the practical knowledge and skills required to be an effective therapist or counselor. CalSouthern’s PsyD also meets the educational requirements for licensure in the state of California as a clinical psychologist, and numerous CalSouthern graduates have been successful in obtaining licensure via the program. The continuously updated curriculum combines a comprehensive selection of foundational courses with a wide selection of elective subjects that emphasizes the service orientation of a professional clinical degree.
· Meet the educational requirements for California licensure as a clinical psychologist
· Receive personal instruction from gifted educators who are also respected practitioners in their fields
· Gain exposure to today’s leading psychotherapeutic techniques
· Hone the personal qualities essential to effective therapeutic practice
Originally founded in 1978, CalSouthern is regionally accredited and offers 100-percent online degree and certificate programs in psychology, business, law and criminal justice. You’ll work with the university’s state-of-the-art, proprietary online learning system, with one-on-one faculty mentoring and a personal academic support team to help you meet your academic and professional goals.
· With 100-percent online courses and no group projects, you study on your time without compromising your work and family lives
· Monthly course starts and no entrance exam requirements mean you can start right away
· Affordable tuition—and the amount you pay will never increase while you’re enrolled
· A transparent, no-pressure, consultative enrollment process
CalSouthern is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, 985 Atlantic Avenue, #100, Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 748-9001. CalSouthern is also accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission. The Distance Education Accredit
# of Credits Required:
International Student Requirements:
Admission to the Doctor of Psychology program requires a Master's degree or its equivalent in the field of study or related field from an appropriately accredited institution.