The Master of Public Administration (MPA) program is an
interdisciplinary professional degree program designed to:
• Provide a broad education for individuals expecting to enter
government and nonprofit agencies and who aspire to management or
• Enhance the capabilities and performance of individuals currently in
management and policy positions in southeastern North Carolina.
• Produce relevant applied public administration research.
• Provide active public service and technical assistance in support of
quality public and nonprofit administration in southeastern North
UNCW’s MPA program offers several career concentrations:
• Coastal Management
• Environmental Policy and Management
• Marine Policy
• Nonprofit Management
• Public Management
• Urban and Regional Policy and Planning