Master of Divinity/Master of Arts/Ed.S. in Mental Health Counseling (Dual-Degree)
The M.Div/M.A./Ed.S. in Mental Health Counseling dual degree is designed to meet the needs of individuals who seek to integrate theology, faith and spirituality with counseling theory and clinical experience in the mental health field. The program is designed to meet the educational requirements of licensure as professional counselors in North Carolina and in most other states.
Students will complete 60 hours of Core courses in the School of Divinity and 60 hours in the School of Psychology and Counseling. The School of Psychology and Counseling portion of the degree includes a Professional Component of 24 hours of which 3 hours is the capstone experience and is taken the last semester the student is enrolled in the program, a Skill Component of 27 hours of which nine hours are electives, and an Applied Component of nine hours of which 3 hours are the Practicum and 6 hours are required Internship in Mental Health Counseling.
The Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
The School of Divinity is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools of the United States and Canada.
International Student Requirements:
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500-paper based test, 173 min.-computer based, or 61 min.-internet based.
2. WES - (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) - All Transcripts from institutions outside U.S. must be submitted to WES
3. VISA/ PASSPORT - F1 student visa or H1B work/employment visa.
-Permanent Residents need to supply a copy of their permanent residency card
International applicants planning to immigrate to the U.S.A., submit the following:
4. Documents to Support Sponsor Financial Responsibility-Copy of most recent Bank Statement and one of the following: Recent tax return OR copies of the Last 3 pay stubs.
5. I-20 Request Form
6. International Student Transfer Form (if coming from another U.S. institution, a copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required)