The Master of Arts in Elementary Education program includes thirty-three semester hours in four components: professional, instructional, elective, and capstone. This program builds upon the most current body of knowledge of best practice and practical expertise (theory and practice) relevant to teaching in K-6.
In order to obtain graduate level licensure, students must have or be eligible for initial licensure in Elementary Education.
Graduates of the Master of Arts in Elementary Education program are encouraged to be self-reflective, lifelong learners who design, implement, and evaluate elementary school curriculum and instruction; interpret and apply current research findings; and conduct relevant classroom research. The program culminates with a capstone experience requiring synthesis of a student’s products of learning in conjunction with an innovative project designed collaboratively by the student and graduate committee.
Gardner-Webb University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Education program is accredited by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
International Student Requirements:
1. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 500-paper based test, 173 min.-computer based, or 61 min.-internet based.
2. WES - (Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials) - All Transcripts from institutions outside U.S. must be submitted to WES
3. VISA/ PASSPORT - F1 student visa or H1B work/employment visa.
-Permanent Residents need to supply a copy of their permanent residency card
International applicants planning to immigrate to the U.S.A., submit the following:
4. Documents to Support Sponsor Financial Responsibility-Copy of most recent Bank Statement and one of the following: Recent tax return OR copies of the Last 3 pay stubs.
5. I-20 Request Form
6. International Student Transfer Form (if coming from another U.S. institution, a copy of your I-94 and I-20 are required)