The Master of Science degree in Hospitality Management studies, which consists of 33 credits, is structured to meet the educational needs of adult learners working as managers, entrepreneurs, educators or other professionals in business and industry. It is designed to provide a hospitality management education with an academically rigorous, yet flexible, program of study that meets the requirements for a professional master's degree. For working adults seeking to upgrade their professional skills to enhance their careers, the degree program increases analytical, managerial and leadership competencies and will provide graduates with the requisite preparation for career advancement in various hospitality-related professional areas.
Candidates for admission to the Master of Science in Hospitality Management studies degree program could be managers, business owners or educators or hold other professional positions related to the hospitality industry. The credentials required for admission as a matriculated student include the following:
I. Admissions Requirements:
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point ratio (GPR) of 2.75 or equivalent. (Applicants with a GPR of less than 2.75 may be admitted as matriculated students on probation).
2. English-language proficiency, both written and verbal (for international students whose first language is not English) equivalent to IELTS overall band score of 6.0 or higher (TOEFL iBT 79 or higher).
3. Industry work experience preferred (applicants without industry work experience may be required to take foundation courses HRTM 6100 and HRTM 6200 upon evaluation).
II. Required Documents:
1. A graduate application for admission and non-refundable application fee.
2. Personal statement of 400 words explaining reasons for pursing hospitality graduate studies.
3. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation.
5. Proof of English language proficiency (if applicable).
6. Resume or portfolio.
7. Interview with a graduate program adviser may be required.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.