Upon completion of the coursework students will have a strong understanding of child development, effective instruction and classroom management strategies, curriculum development, and administration in early childhood settings.
Early Childhood Special Education Endorsement Program:
Persons who hold an early childhood certification* may be eligible (see advisor) for endorsement in early childhood special education by completing 2 additional courses listed below.
*Persons not holding an early childhood certificate should see their advisor for additional requirements.
Northwest is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Northwest has been an AQIP institution since 2005, and served as a pilot institution in the development of AQIP in the late 1990s.
In addition to being accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Northwest programs are accredited by:
• Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs(ACBSP)
• Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
• Council for the Accreditation for Parks, Recreation, Tourism& Related Professions (COAPRT)
• Council for the Accreditation of the American Association ofFamily and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
• Missouri State Board of Education
• National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
• National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
• National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)