Northwest offers an add-on certification for ELL/ESOL. ELL Certification is a 21 hour program and recommended for mainstream elementary and secondary teachers who have English language learners in their classes and have completed a Masters degree in Education.
The Masters Degree in Teaching ELL is a 32 credit hour program. This degree is recommended for mainstream elementary and secondary teachers of English language learners who do not already have a Masters degree in a related field.
Northwest is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Northwest has been an AQIP institution since 2005, and served as a pilot institution in the development of AQIP in the late 1990s.
In addition to being accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Northwest programs are accredited by:
• Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs(ACBSP)
• Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
• Council for the Accreditation for Parks, Recreation, Tourism& Related Professions (COAPRT)
• Council for the Accreditation of the American Association ofFamily and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
• Missouri State Board of Education
• National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
• National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
• National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)