Alcorn State University’s School of Business offers a general MBA program without concentrations or areas of specialty. The curriculum is designed to expose the student to the broader perspectives managers need in a globally interdependent, diverse world and enhance the student’s interpersonal, communication and analytical skills necessary to work effectively in teams and to recognize the ethical implications of his/her actions. Students will demonstrate competency in the strategic integration of the various business disciplines within an organization.
To be admitted under regular admission to the MBA Program, applicants must have:
1. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university,
2. A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (4.0 scale) for all undergraduate work attempted or a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all upper undergraduate course work attempted,
3. A minimum GMAT score of 350, and
4. Undergraduate GPA X 200 + GMAT> = 950 points or
Upper division GPA X 200 + GMAT> = 1000 points, and
5. A “C” or better in the nine areas in business identified in the Foundation Core in their undergraduate program, or
A “C” or better in Foundation Core courses in the respective areas.
6. Applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree in Business must take the Foundation Core courses required by the MBA admissions committee.
7. International students must make a minimum TOEFL score of 525 as required by the School of Graduate Studies.
Applicants who do not meet the above criteria regarding GMAT and/or GPA may be admitted conditionally as special students to the School of Graduate Studies and allowed to take 500-level foundation courses. Admission to the School of Graduate Studies does not mean that the applicant has been accepted as a candidate for the MBA degree. To be admitted as regular admissions and to be allowed to take 600-level courses, they must meet the above criteria.
The School of Business is a member of AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Alcorn is preparing to become a candidate for the designation.
International Student Requirements:
In addition to the basic requirements international students must meet the additional requirements. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required to adequately determine proficiency in the English language. A minimum composite score of 525 (paper), 195 (computer) on the TOEFL is required. Official transcripts and certificates must be sent to WES (World Education Services) for evaluation. A copy of the evaluation must be sent to the office of admissions. The I-20 form authorizing the student's visa is sent after the student is accepted.