- The Bachelor of Science/Master of Science (BS/MS) in Chemistry or Biochemistry has been designed to provide students with the education and research experience needed to be fully prepared for a successful career in the chemical sciences.
- The programs are primarily intended as a joint degree, allowing students to complete both a BS and MS in Chemistry or Biochemistry in only five years, assuming full-time enrollment (151 credit hours).
- Students who’ve already earned an applicable bachelor’s degree may choose to pursue the Master of Science degree only (27-31 credit hours). Note: The department is not currently accepting applications from people with a bachelor's degree already earned; only students who are currently UM-Flint undergraduates in the department will be considered for admission to the BS/MS program.
- UM-Flint offers graduate students access to its fully-equipped laboratories, featuring the latest in research and analysis technology.
- As part of the world-renowned University of Michigan system, UM-Flint can tap into resources, expertise, and contacts in Dearborn and Ann Arbor.
- This challenging program requires you to perform research and to defend a thesis. It provides you with the ideal background to ensure you have the necessary experience to step into entry-level industrial or governmental positions, which now routinely require an MS degree combined with independent research experience.
- As a student in the BS/MS program, you will complete all of the requirements for the approved American Chemical Society (ACS) certified Bachelor of Science degree in either Chemistry or Biochemistry.
Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools