The Ed.S. program is designed to meet a critical need for educational leaders who can transform education at the PK-12 and community college levels. The Ed.S. degree is an advanced professional degree program that assists veteran educators to enhance their knowledge of theory and best practice to acquire skills in interpreting and using education settings. The degree program is ideal for educators who seek new skills and new opportunities for leadership and for those seeking the Michigan Central Office Administrator Certificate. The 30 credit hour program addresses three areas of study that are essential characteristics for the next generation of leaders in education: transformative leadership, engagement with the community, and scholarly practice.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
International Student Requirements:
• Completed application form
• Application fee ($60.00 for those who will be studying on an F or J visa)
• Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, and proof of secondary school completion (academic records)
• English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or MELAB)
• Full Financial Support Information (Required for F and J Visa Students only)
• Health Insurance
• SEVIS DS-2019 Request Form (J Visa Students only)
• Transfer Clearance document (required if student has a previous SEVIS I-20)