Mount Ida College's Master of Science in Management is designed for professionals or small business owners who are searching for the expertise needed to manage a growing business and the creative ability to succeed in a competitive marketplace. Offering a wide range of business courses and a variety of electives, this innovative program allows you to tailor your education to meet your professional and personal goals.
Many individuals weighing graduate programs find that an MSM is better suited to their needs than an MBA. Whereas MBA programs delve deeply into accounting, finance, marketing, economics, and statistics, MSM students can contour their studies to build on existing professional experience and individual career goals. The Mount Ida College two-year, part-time, 36-credit MSM program offer the following benefits:
• An intimate learning environment with customized attention for each student
• Faculty members who are leaders in their fields
• A broad-based, relevant curriculum
• An interactive, hands-on learning approach that embraces learning by doing
• Convenient schedules including evening, weekend,and hybrid courses offerings
No matter which area of the work world you currently specialize in — corporate, not-for-profit, or your own business — if you’re ready to assume more responsibility, then the Mount Ida College MSM is bound to make a difference in your life.
Consisting of seven management courses and five electives, the MSM imparts core business knowledge in these key areas:
• Management Theory and Organizations
• Marketing Strategy and Management
• Information Technology Management
• Financial Management for Decision Analysis
• Strategic Planning, Policy Development, and Management
• Human Resource Strategy and Management
• Research Methods and Applications
The MSM program also offers several business management electives that allow its students to further tailor the program to meet their career goals. Management electives are available in such areas as international business, business law,
entrepreneurship, e-commerce and evolving business management, and project management.