McDaniel College's Master of Science program in Educational Administration instills the theories and practices of the discipline while providing multiple paths for certification and career change. In this program, you'll keep company with students preparing for positions in public schools, private schools, or schools for special populations, as well as with those progressing toward jobs in higher education administration. Clearly aligned with state licensing recommendations and recommended highly by educators in the field, the McDaniel College program offers not just an M.S. degree, but a chance for the knowledge and preparation that are the hallmarks of an outstanding administrator.
* Offers tracks leading to certification in Maryland as Administrator I (asst. principal or supervisor) or Administrator II (principal), as well as to certification options in Pennsylvania.
* Developmental standards-based portfolio process clearly aligned with Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) standards and the School Leaders' Licensure Assessment (SLLA) required by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) as well as the PRAXIS examination mandated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
* Flexible design may be modified for those wishing to pursue higher education administration
* Enjoys an excellent reputation among graduates and their employers in the field
* Offers a schedule convenient for students employed full-time.
* Provides a rigorous learning experience on a campus that, while quite diverse, is small enough to allow for close learning relationships.
Facts & Figures
Baccalaureate College—Liberal Arts