Advanced Studies in Leadership - EdS with emphasis in General School Administration or Special Education Overview
Candidates for the degree must meet all requirements for the building administrator certificate in Kansas in addition to the requirements for the specialist degree. The degree program is also designed to permit a student to specialize in a specific comprehensive knowledge of administration at both elementary and secondary levels. This is accomplished through electives and individual study courses available in the program to meet individual needs.
Students must currently possess a Master's degree to apply for the Specialist in Education degree.
Pittsburg State University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL 60602-2504. In addition, Pittsburg State University holds accreditation for academic programs from the following:
* National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
* National Association of Schools of Music
* Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (for bachelor’s and master’s)
* Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
* Masters of Psychology Accreditation Council
* National Recreation and Park Association/American Association for Leisure and Recreation
* The university is on the list of approved schools published by the American Chemical Society, The Architectural Woodwork Institute and The Foundry Education Foundation.