The Masters of Science in Clinical Psychology Program at Emporia State University trains students to be both scientists and practitioners; approximately half of our students go on for doctoral-level training as psychologists, others practice Evidence-Based Psychology as Licensed Masters Level Psychologists. The program is largely on-campus and, for full-time students, is typically a 5-6 semester program. This is a generalist-training program that invites enough flexibility, and small enough class sizes, to pursue individual research interests or specialized training through independent study.
CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following requirements must be met for admission into the Clinical Psychology program:
1) An overall 3.00 grade-point average on a four-point scale or a 3.25 on the last 60 semester hours for the undergraduate degree.
2) Three letters of recommendation.
3) Graduate Record Examination or Miller Analogies Test scores.
4) A B.S., B.A., B.F.A., or B.S.E. degree.
5) A personal letter that addresses the following: research experience (presentations, lab work, conference attendance), work/volunteer experience especially jobs relating to your area of interest in psychology, why you want to pursue a Master’s degree, and your future plans with your Master’s degree.
6) A minimum of 24 semester hours of background work in psychology (beyond an Introductory Psychology course) including: developmental psychology, statistics, experimental psychology, abnormal psychology, theories of personality, foundations of psychology, and any additional Psychology course. Courses taken to fulfill undergraduate deficiencies may not be counted toward the Master’s degree.
7) International Students must have a satisfactory English proficiency test score submitted as part of their application to be admitted into the program and before they will be allowed to
The Clinical Psychology Program meets the licensure requirements for the Kansas Behavioral Science Regulatory Board.
International Student Requirements:
For International Student admission requirements, please visit our International Education website.