The Patel School of Global Sustainability strives to offer a dynamic curriculum, top-notch internship experiences, and overall superior education for our students. In order to ensure successful (and well-timed) progression through the graduate program, it is important that you commit to your concentration of choice upon admission to the School.
On successful completion of this program, participants should be able to demonstrate an understanding of, or explain:
* A broad range of future global change pressures and their impacts on global resource management;
* A holistic and integrated approach to resource management and the resulting waste generation;
* The economic perspectives of sustainability and the relationship between environmental policies and business management;
* The scientific basis for setting environmental quality standards and guidelines and to understand the roles of national and international organization in setting up these standards and guidelines;
* The theory and practice of design and implementation of environmental monitoring and auditing programs aimed at pollution control;
* Environmental ethics and ethical philosophical understanding of sustainability.
Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of College and Schools.