About this course >>
This course will give you the opportunity to debate the potential role of design professionals in the generation of sustainable cities.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary course environment which will help you creatively engage in the design of our cities, relate architecture to its urban context and deal with all the complexities inherent in creating well-designed settlements.
On this course you can:
• Get involved with some of our regional regeneration projects to test and develop your ideas
• Undertake studio-based design projects and engage with our other collaborative projects with academic institutions in a range of countries including Turkey, Spain and Australia
• Have the opportunity to ‘earn and learn’ by working on real-life contracts through our Projects Office
Many of our towns and cities in the UK are experiencing rapid change, creating an unprecedented demand for skills that transcend the traditional disciplines of architecture and planning in shaping the urban landscape.
This course provides a firm grounding for employment in a range of design offices, as well as other property-related jobs.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
• urban planning
• working for housing associations
• environmental organisations
• working for local and public authorities
1 Year (Full Time); 2 Years (Part-Time)
International Student Requirements:
Predominantly English-speaking applicants have no requirements. For all other applicants – English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.