The programme emphasises close direction through workshops, presentations and written papers. Tuition concentrates on the literature review, philosophy of research, paradigms of inquiry, methodology, data collection, theory and analysis. Overall, the interaction between theory and practice through understanding the philosophy of research and precise methodological approaches gives you new perspectives that add value in terms of effective and efficient research capabilities.
The aim is to ensure that you:
• develop knowledge of the philosophy of research and paradigms of inquiry
• understand methodological approaches and methods of data collection in ensuring rigour, validity and reliability
• deal with information sources, and analytical tools pertinent to effective research and analysis in business and management studies
• reflect upon past experience and academic achievements as part of a carefully considered set of research activities
• understand the relationship between leadership, values and ethics
• become aware of reflexivity and utilise within the research process
• enhance transferable and personal skills such as reasoning, report writing, independent learning, communication, critical thinking, personal management and presentation skills.