The aim of the Social Work second cycle programme is to prepare a social worker who is able to research contextualised practice and act integrating and developing professional knowledge, skills, values, enhancing the solution of human interaction and personal relation with environment problems, initiating social changes and innovations in pursuit of person’s and societal welfare, strengthening civic society and developing professional competences.
By completing the study program students will be able to gain these competences:
• develop social work research and produce social work knowledge;
• analyse the mission and objectives of contemporary social work in the local and global context promoting human rights and social justice;
• reflect the integrity of theory, practice and ethics in social work process;
• analyse the interrelations between social policy, social structures and resources and design social projects;
• critically analyse interactions between social worker and client and perform interventions in complex situations;
• apply social work intervention methods emphasising participation of clients in the change process;
• understand the principles, methods and restrictions of social worker activity in organisation and community;
• reflect the learning and professional experience, professional relations in organisations and continue learning independently, developing social work profession.
This programme is acreditated by Center for Quality Assesment in Higher Education which belongs to ENIC/NARIC network.
International Student Requirements:
• Application form;
• Bachelor / Master degree diploma and its supplement (transcript of records / mark sheet) in the original language and translated into English, and:
1) Approved by “Appostille” - for citizens of countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention;
2) Legalized by the Center of Quality Assessment in Higher Education (www.skvc.lt) in Lithuania - for other countries citizens;
• Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, ELTC, etc.);
• Letter of motivation (300 – 500 words);
• Curriculum vitae;
• Notary certified copy of your passport or other document of identification;
• Copy of document showing paid application fee 50 EUR (where the name of the applicant and the date of payment are indicated);
• 2 recent passport size photos (3 x 4 cm);
• Accommodation form.
April 30th – applicants who need visa to entry Lithuania.
June 30th – applicants from non-visa countries.