The programme of Applied Sociology is designed to prepare specialists capable of originally and independently analysing peculiarities and problems of the functioning of society at its various levels. Graduates will also be able to prepare and complete research projects on social problems, to define solutions for social problems and to implement them by applying contemporary sociological theories and methods. After completion of the programme of Applied Sociology, the master degree in sociology is granted.
Graduates of Applied Sociology programme will be able to work:
- in social research centres, public opinion and market research institutions, and public administration;
- organisational work in private and public institutions and non-governmental organizations;
- in science and education institutions;
- in advertising and public relations agencies;
- in various spheres of media;
- in cultural institutions;
- in international organizations and foundations for development, public health, tourism and recreation, and humanitarian aid;
Graduates of Applied Sociology may continue studies in PhD studies in sociology.
International Student Requirements:
Applicants for Applied Sociology programme should have a bachelor or equivalent degree in social sciences or humanities.