Graduate Diploma in Education and Digital Technologies
The University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) is offering a Graduate Diploma in Education and Digital Technologies for both full and part-time students. The diploma program will be launched in the 2009-2010 academic year.
The Graduate Diploma in Education and Digital Technologies provides educators with an alternative form of professional development when they do not wish to do a full Master's degree, but do want to take some graduate-level courses.
Sample courses include:
* Learning with Technology;
* Educational Technology and Communication;
* Online Technology in Education;
* Learning Tools;
* Technology Diffusion in Education ;
* Leadership and Technology;
* Technology and the Curriculum; and
* Special Topics in Education and Digital Technologies.
Students in the diploma program will be able to take all of their courses online, but will also have the option of taking up to half of their courses in a hybrid fashion if they wish.
Students will obtain their diploma by completing four courses in the field of Education and Digital Technologies. These four courses must be completed within a three-year period.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission