Why choose this master’s degree?
• A specialist degree designed for graduates with a major in economics
• Acquire advanced knowledge in economics from one of the world’s leading economic schools
• Gain advanced training in economics and econometrics, including technical modeling for independent research
• Wide choice of electives allows you to tailor your economics studies
• Develop critical thinking and analytical skills for advanced research
• Opportunity to pursue a PhD in economics after completion
Who is this degree for?
• Graduates with a degree in economics
• Economics professionals who want to extend their skills with the latest research and thinking
• Graduates or professionals wishing to prepare for a PhD program in economics in Australia or overseas
The degree will open up many career opportunities including:
• Government departments, including the Reserve Bank of Australia, Australian Bureau of Statistics and Treasury
• International organizations, including the major banks
• Consulting firms
• Research centers
• Educational institutions
International Student Requirements:
Recognized bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) majoring in economics (minimum seven courses), with a credit average, as determined by the Australian School of Business.
Your economics major must include second-year microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics and an additional economics focus, and you should be competent in mathematical and statistical methods.
For students who have studied at overseas universities, the normal minimum academic requirement is the equivalent of a credit average grade from an Australian university, as determined by the Australian School of Business. For graduates of US institutions this is a 3.0 out of a 4.0 scale.