Master of Actuarial Studies Master of Actuarial Studies (Extension)
Why choose this master’s degree?
• A specialist degree designed for graduates with a strong background in actuarial studies, econometrics, mathematics or statistics
• Challenging and highly regarded qualification for those wanting to enter the financial services or insurance industry in a quantitative role
• Gain the technical and non-technical skills needed to pursue the role of an actuarial analyst
• Fast-track your professional accreditation with Part I and/or Part II exemptions of The Institute of Actuaries of Australia professional examinations and the core technical subjects of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK) professional examinations
Who is this degree for?
• Graduates with a strong mathematical or statistical background looking to enter the actuarial profession
• Graduates with a degree in Actuarial Studies wanting to gain Part II exemptions of The Institute of Actuaries of Australia professional examinations
• Graduates without a degree in Actuarial Studies should consider the Master of Actuarial Studies (Extension)
Professional AccreditationThe Institute of Actuaries of AustraliaThe UNSW actuarial program is fully accredited by the Institute of Actuaries of Australia for both Part I and Part II subjects and recognized for exemptions by the Institute of Actuaries (Lo
International Student Requirements:
• Recognized bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) with a substantial component of mathematics, statistics, econometrics or actuarial studies, with a credit average (For US Students the equivalent to this would be a 3.0/4.0 GPA Scale, as determined by the Australian School of Business.
• Applicants are expected to have a mathematical background equivalent to a full year of calculus and linear algebra at first-year university undergraduate level at above credit grade, as determined by the Australian School of Business.
Please email email@example.com for any questions about meeting the entry requirements.