Quiz yourself to see just how prepared you are, or aren't, for your upcoming interviews
by Stephanie Small
Published January 23, 2011
- The steps you take to prepare for the interview are:
- When dressing for the interview, you wear:
- My handshake is:
- When the interviewer asks you if you had any trouble finding the place, you answer:
- The interviewer asks you why you want to attend this school. You answer:
- The interviewer asks you what you feel your weaknesses are. You answer:
- The interviewer asks you some totally ridiculous, out-of-left-field question that you have no idea how to answer. Here’s your reply:
- Your answers are:
- After the interview, you:
Ok, now what?
Sure, the answers aren't rocket science, but use this quiz as a starting point of topics to cover as you begin preparing and practicing for your interviews. Is your suit pressed and ready? Do you have a portfolio with copies of your most recent resume? Have you started researching the program, its faculty and their research?
Take it from us, don't wait until the night before your interview to begin preparing. If you do, you may feel extra nervous, and it's likely to show through to your interviewers that you rushed to pull yourself together. Take at least 30 minutes a day during the week prior to your interview and follow these simple tips.
Waiting for Admission| If the School Fits | Decision Time